Thursday, June 7, 2018

God Sent Angels in Our Path Today

Today God gave me a profound lesson in faith, humanity, and prayer.

After I drove for one hour with two very sore knees and the artificial one still healing from surgery six weeks ago, I made it to mom’s nursing home room.

She was already dressed, happy, and ready to go. Her childish giddiness that she was getting a hair cut today was almost infectious.

The nurse put her in her wheelchair and the CNA pushed her outside so we could wait for the handicapped taxi I had called. It arrived promptly and, 3 miles and $10 later we were dropped off at the mall. The driver assured us he would come back to pick us up in two hours. I paid him for both trips.

At 3 p.m. sharp the taxi was nowhere in sight. I called the Red Cab Co. and was told that there were no handicapped taxis within 20 miles of us.

We waited 45 minutes, I was in more pain, and about to cry not knowing how to get mom back.

While in the dark garage, I said a silent prayer and, out of the corner of my eye I saw four young policemen on bikes cycling in our direction, all smiles. I have parked in this garage for ten years and I’ve never seen before cops on bikes.

I asked them if they could lift mom and put her in the front seat and her wheelchair in the trunk. Not only did they do that, they even buckled her seatbelt. They waited until we drove off to make sure we were all right.

I returned mom to the nursing home, the CNA took the wheelchair out and put mom in. Out the door came her nurse Linda who carried her to the ice cream social in progress. I kissed mom good bye and walked out the door.

I finally broke down and cried in the car - I did not want to upset mom. She was so happy with her new haircut! God sent a few angels in our path to help us today and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment