Wednesday, May 17, 2023

My Musings Today

I was extremely lucky to emigrate legally in 1978 to the land of opportunity and freedom, the United States of America, and I thank William for that. I left behind everything I knew, held dear, and loved. I left my parents behind, hoping that I would be able to bring them with me later.  I did not want to spend the rest of my life under the oppressive boot of the Romanian Communist Party.

I was sick and tired of the daily indoctrination in school, on television, on radio, in the state-controlled media, tired of marches to praise the communist dictator and his wife, tired of being hungry, cold, of living in the darkness, of being cut-off from the rest of the world, tired of being spied upon by our neighbors, relatives, who received extra rations of food, tired of being snitched on by the state-paid informants, having our mail opened, our phones tapped, and deprived of any human rights. My husband helped give me freedom and, I would have kissed the ground at JFK airport upon my arrival, but the ground was frozen.

I wanted to be free of fear, free to travel, free to move about more than a radius of 30 miles. I wanted to have enough food, good shelter, heat, electricity, good medical care, to become a young doctor without having to sell my soul and allegiance to the Communist Party, to not be afraid and suspicious of everybody, to have children who were not told in schools that the dictator and his wife were their parents. Hillary’s “village” did not own our children, the Communist Party did.

The communist agitator at my Dad’s factory lived in our apartment complex. His family was well-fed, had medicines, good medical care, clothes, and other amenities that we could only dream of - all because he spied on his co-workers and filled their heads with lies about the virtues of communism, while they starved or stole things from work and traded with others in a theft-based bartering system. Nobody thought they were stealing because the proletariat was supposed to own everything. In reality, they owned nothing and were pretty unhappy about it.

I was lucky to escape legally and so was my mom, who defected two years later. My dad, unfortunately, was not so lucky. Even though we tried to bring him, he was constantly denied a passport, a visa, and was put under arrest at work every time the president happened to be in town. My Dad died eventually in a hospital at the hands of the communists, where he received no medical care, food, or IV fluids for three weeks. His sister kept him alive one spoon full of water at a time. He died on May 12, 1989, down to half of his original weight.

I never would have believed you if you had told me in 1978 that America would turn communist in my lifetime. I would have laughed. But here we are – every day I have communism PTSD, something is happening that the rest of you are ignoring, lulled into a false sense of freedom and security. You do not realize that the communists within are destroying our country. I shall list a couple of the latest examples.

1.    New York City will begin tracking the carbon footprint of household food consumption and putting caps on how much red meat can be served in public institutions in order to achieve a 33% reduction in carbon emissions from food by 2030.

I beg you to wake up! This is what communism dictated to us - how much food we could consume per day, how many calories a day one could ingest according to how strenuous individual jobs were. We seldom found meat, medicine, and necessities for sale - the shelves and stores were empty! We survived with so little, and everybody was gaunt. There were no obese people around. We were all thin on Ceausescu’s diet, but we were malnourished.

Everywhere I turn today, there are more news of technocratic fascism, government globalism, and neo communism. Academia never let communism die – commies hid underground and emerged slowly first from universities, accelerating their coup since Obama’s regime. Academics reject capitalism and conservatism but promote communism.

2.    Universities pay radicals to speak to student bodies while rejecting conservative Americans altogether. Angela Davis, a racial activist and VP nominee for the Communist Party USA in 1980, who was previously on the FBI’s Most Wanted List, was the keynote speaker at the University of Texas, Austin, on April 4, 2023. She was paid $25,000 to bash capitalism as exploitative. Oh, the irony!

Let me tell you what exploitative was under communism: working for low salaries regardless of education, skill, and training, living in terrible conditions, without water, without hot water, without heat, in 450 square feet apartments without electricity most of the time, being forced to do free labor in the fields to plant and harvest crops, being equally poor, equally paid, and equally miserable, dying in dirty hospitals because the medical care was subpar and low-skilled doctors were experimenting on their patients, nobody was held accountable, there was no justice, and nobody to sue or complain about. The state was the ruler, the judge, and executioner. People had no rights at all. If we asked questions, we were told, democracy had gone to your heads and we were disappeared, never to be seen again. That is exploitation!

Do you want communism? It is already here in daily smaller installments. Wait until they come to confiscate your guns, your homes, and your bank accounts. When they are done with each of you, as Klaus Schwab, the founder of the World Economic Forum, said, “You will own nothing and be happy about it.”

 

1 comment:

  1. I love your line: I would have kissed the ground at JFK airport upon my arrival, but the ground was frozen.

    ReplyDelete