Sunday, June 2, 2019

A Good Morning for a Prayer for our President



Our resident squirrel
I am sitting on the deck - it’s a glorious morning, 65 F and a bearable 82 percent humidity with a pleasant breeze.

There are birds chirping in the dense foliage, a woodpecker breaking the forest sounds humming with life, hammering industriously like a machine gun in the tallest tree nearby.

The resident squirrel is foraging for nuts running up and down the same tree silently.  No agitated cries this morning, her enemies are not close by.

The fox gave up digging up my flower beds for more turtle eggs, she finally realized that she ate them all during the first two excavations.

A few daring birds are splashing in the bird bath. I filled the water earlier and they dive in with gusto.

It’s a magnificent Sunday morning, time to pray for our President and his family in nature’s cathedral, surrounded by lush vegetation and birds.

5 comments:

  1. I pray. Every day. My prayer is unending. Thank you for sharing this.

    I have been remiss in my writing but you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed hearing from you, Harriet. I am glad you are doing well. I pray too every day, for friends, for my country, for my family, and for our President who has given up so much to do the right thing for America.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Ileana. I too pray every morning too, but today I will pray throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment came via email from my friend Carmel in Mississippi. She asked me to post it.
    "Thank you for being a patriot of our Christian Republic of America and reminding us to pray for our president. He's most definitely in need of heavenly protection! I pray his enemies are deterred by events in their small vindictive lives and stop exercising their evil traits."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, Ileana, in such a peaceful setting, created by our Lord to enjoy, prayers for the daily threats of our much maligned President! I know the Lord is pleased with each of the prayer warriors who have taken time to pray for His appointed servant, Trump, as our President! The Lord knows how much they are needed and the battle is real!

    ReplyDelete