Thursday, July 20, 2017

Dr. David Sponseller's Commentary to My Article, Things Have Changed Significantly in 40 Years

I usually don't get such glowing reviews but this one is special because I have never entertained the idea that my former home in MS would become a national landmark because I lived there. I remember how my "keep up with the Joneses" neighbors thought it was a bit outdated because it was sturdy and built in 1959, the year I was born. It's hard to find homes with six foot walls anymore and a tornado shelter in the garage. Dr. Gooch was quite excentric, his building plans were still in the hallway closet. I sold my home last year and I hope the new owners irritate my former next door neighbors as much as I irritated them, just to keep the tradition going.

Here is Dr. David Sponseller's comment to my latest article. Dr. Sponseller likes to go by the name Ironman because he is one of the best metallurgic engineers in the world with a Ph.D. in the field.

"Few Americans could write the brilliant analysis seen here. Every American should read it! Having escaped the jackboots and oppression of Communism, Ileana’s excitement about, and enthusiasm for America have steadily been eroded by the actions of liberals in government, academia, Hollywood and the media. Only a legal immigrant like Ileana could see the changes so clearly and express her fears so forcefully.

And few Americans could vouch for the accuracy of Ileana’s observations as I can. Having lived through WW-II and the booming 50’s and 60’s that followed I’ve seen the negative changes in our way of life. I well remember my brother and 14 million others of Tom Brokaw’s “Greatest Generation march off to war, and sadly the gold stars that appeared in the windows of many homes.

I fondly recall the high standards in the news and entertainment media when a radio announcer would never even say “Hell” or “damn” for fear of losing his broadcasting license, and the uplifting movies like “Going My Way” and “Mary Poppins” that were typical of our entertainment fare.

Before globalization I recall when a man’s factory salary supported his many children, with mom in the home, and he could expect a significant pay raise each year. I recall when the safest person in America was the baby in the womb, in contrast to the 61 million innocents that have been brutally murdered in the womb since 1973. I recall when nearly every black child was properly raised by having a father in the home, contrasted with the 72 percent now born to an unwed mother…..leading to a disordered family, supported forcefully by working taxpayers, and producing druggy members of gangs that often end up in prison.

I certainly remember when the sole mission of our schools was to teach the three R’s as well as possible, not to indoctrinate their charges with liberal social precepts. I lament the 1970’s when universities stopped operating women’s dorms as safe, wholesome homes-away-from home, instead irresponsibly letting the male students in without limit.

Ileana’s essay should be a wake-up call to every patriotic American who ruefully senses our vast decline from the golden days of the 1950’s and 1960’s and dreads the possibility that America should follow Europe on its certain path towards becoming a Muslim caliphate. For her stunning observations Ileana should be deemed an American hero and her homes in Mississippi and Virginia should be designated national historic landmarks. How blessed we are that Ileana left family and friends behind in Romania at age 20 and cast her lot in America!"

P.S. Thank you, Dr. Sponseller, you are a remarkable American. They don't make many more like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment