Tuesday, January 24, 2017

J.S. Letter to Me

From my friend J.S. who wishes to remain anonymous:

"On the way to Maryland last week I found myself in a conversation with a woman at breakfast. She told me she was a poet and her female friend was a novelist.

She wanted to ask me if I knew about the woman's march and if I was going there. I played dumb, but I really didn't know much about it. I asked "what women's march?" She said tens of thousands of women were marching in DC on Sat. I asked, "whatever for?" She said, "to protest Trump's inauguration." I said, "that sounds silly." She said, "he is a misogynist and racist." I asked what "misogynist" means, which I really did not exactly know. She spouted out some definition that he hates women. I told her I have not seen that. She said it was because of what he said during the campaign against women. I asked if they were protesting Bill Clinton, too. She said, "no."

She said something about women having the right to have a voice. I asked her if babies in the womb have a voice when they are being dismembered and taken apart piece by piece during abortions, and  during partial birth abortions if babies have a voice when a scissor is stabbed into the head and the brains are sucked out to collapse the babies head. She seemed to start shaking and she and her friend did not immediately answer, but then went back to the same baloney.

I told her that when a mother is influenced to kill her own children in the womb where they are supposed to be protected and safe that it creates a culture of hostility. They argued that what I said about abortion was just my opinion and that they did not agree with me that it creates hostility in culture, though agreed that hostility is increasing.

I said it was best to stop the conversation as they went on and on with incomprehensible verbiage; that I needed to eat and leave. When I was leaving the poet lady came up to me and said she was sorry because "there is so much divisiveness" and she does not want to be part of that. I told her there was no need to apologize, that she had a right to speak her opinion and I had the right to tell her facts.

I asked her to consider that Jesus Christ, King and Creator of the Universe, came from His throne in heaven to earth as a baby and when grown He, God, is the one who elevated a woman's status in society; if one considers the command for a husband to love his wife as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her, that Christ in that sense elevated women to be more important than men, while honoring both men and women equally.

I then asked her to consider next time she writes poetry to write from the mind of the baby in the womb as it is being attacked to be killed. She said, "maybe I will."

That was the end of that conversation. Strange women. I prefer to be called a "lady". I am not part of this illogical 'sisterhood.'

Note: I concur with J.S. I am a lady and I am in no way part of this strange and embarrassing "sisterhood."

4 comments:

  1. Bless you, J.S. And thank you Ileana for posting his story to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J.S. stood her ground in a meek and humble way. If she had lashed out at the two women, I feel that they would have lashed out at her and no one would have made a point, but she didn't. Sometimes God opens a door where what is on the other side is not nice or pleasant; however there is opportunity to exhibit what it truly means to be a Christian and to offer a Christian point-of-view. It is easy to be offended as a Christian, by a liberal's point-of-view. It is harder to offer a Christian's perspective to, in this case, two people totally lost and in need of redemption.

    ReplyDelete